Skip to main content

Counting down

Well, not really but, as it is August, I am officially on standby. The first group is going out some time soon after the 8th. I am confident that I will be leaving in September and will continue to be in talks with the necessary people.

In the meantime,I continue to pack and unpack. Weigh and reweigh. Think about what I really want to take and whether or not what I have already packed takes precedence over what I have not yet packed. I appreciate the thoroughness of the airline in regards to weight management as I do not want to learn that we have too much baggage as we fly over the ocean.

I think that it is important to note that this is the time when so many people are on edge. Everyone wants to know WHEN. When will I get another email. When will I get my ticket, When will I be leaving . . .and all that is understandable BUT. The but is that we were told early on that this is a very different culture. More specifically, things will not be on the time frame that we are used to AT ALL. For that reason, one should start to relax now and not later. PRACTICE, it will undoubtedly take some getting used to.

And as I say this, I am calm. That would change, however, if I were to get an email tomorrow saying I were leaving on the eighth but thats only because I have extenuating circumstances that would prevent me from traveling. My cast will be off on August 19th and that will be here in no time. After that, I will be in a boot with crutches for some time after that.

So while it is natural for us to wonder and anticipate, remember to relax if you are going through this process now. Go places, eat food you may miss, see people you wont see for a long time once you leave. Make a concerted effort to get rid of things you were holding on to but never used-dont pack all that junk up only to throw it out at a later date! I promise you-it feels liberating :-).

Other than that, there's nothing else for me to really say at this point. I continue to check FB daily. Who am I kidding, multiple times a day to make sure I dont miss anything new. Oh, and meet people before you go. Especially if you are shy like myself. That way you will have already met people that you can officially meet with or reconnect with once there.

My heart hasn't skipped a beat and I hope it remains that way until time for me to go. For then I know that I will have butterflies and who knows what else. It will be off to a new world. But when I thought of reasons to go, there were no reasons for me not to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

juxtaposed

should I? shouldnt I? THAT is the question... horror stories, complaints,regrets in opposition with people who speak as if they have no plans on returning to the previous dwelling place. What to believe? Are the kids hellians or little angels? Is the classroom fully stocked or bare?Will you have admin support, admin indifference,or admin from Hades? Sadly, noone can answer this question and not because of "a lack of freedom of speech". Its because everything-in every country-is subjective. And because if one is going to pack up and live in another country for a couple years, this would be one of the more difficult places to do so as you are used to life thats quite different from being here. I can agree 100% with some of the posters of TA/FB. "if the idea of teaching in an inner city school doesnt suite your fancy, steer clear of here". And thats not to compare the two because nothing really compares to this place but there are some similarities (even if

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and later be

This will do

So I just havent made it around to making a video of the place.Part of that is because my phone, which had the great camera on it,is no longer.And leave it to me to buy a cute phone with a horrible camera.yes, I have a camera with video but its just too much hassle.At least I think so. And because Im supposed to be honing my craft, I decided to post my place in pictures. Enjoy. My color palette all these switches for one little bathroom no tv. . .yet just the two of us! I love this contraption,lol and on the off times that this occurs. . . I just use my teacher dry erase marker,lmbo So,so glad to finally be clutter free! cleaning takes one day a week besides the every other day of sweeping bc its super dusty here.I have ONE pile of stuff left and thats only because I need a book shelf.Thats coming soon.