Skip to main content

flight

Well I flew out Sunday instead of Monday. That meant that my early Thanksgiving dinner was promptly cancelled. Probably for the best since Ive been eating so much food lately.

We got to the airport and waited for my wheelchair service. We went from line to line and I was told that I would have to pay $350 for my luggage. More than 200 over what I was expecting to pay. I took a DEEP breath and paid.

Eventually, my service came and I kissed Thomas goodbye and went on my way. It was definitely nice to be wheeled around the airport-no lines and no walking but because of my boot I had to be swiped, x-rayed, and checked for bomb residue. ATL to JFK was uneventful aside from the painful ear pressure I got while in descent. JFK was cool. Seemed like my serviceman didnt want to be servicing me, I noted a couple sighs here and there. My layover was 4+ hours and I had to wait until Etihad gate opened so I could check in. the 2nd guy to pick me up was much nicer and took me to get food before taking me to my gate. I only met one other teacher while waiting.

The flight was pretty good. leg room was better than Delta. There were a few movies but nothing spectacular. I slept most of the way and even skipped a meal because of it. Although I had a window seat, I could see much because I was on the wing. I did, however get to see the lights of NY as we took off. In the darkness it looked like Christmas and it was beautiful.

I must say that I was very concerned about the flights but I was pleasantly surprised! The take offs and landings were superb and for that I AM THANKFUL!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

juxtaposed

should I? shouldnt I? THAT is the question... horror stories, complaints,regrets in opposition with people who speak as if they have no plans on returning to the previous dwelling place. What to believe? Are the kids hellians or little angels? Is the classroom fully stocked or bare?Will you have admin support, admin indifference,or admin from Hades? Sadly, noone can answer this question and not because of "a lack of freedom of speech". Its because everything-in every country-is subjective. And because if one is going to pack up and live in another country for a couple years, this would be one of the more difficult places to do so as you are used to life thats quite different from being here. I can agree 100% with some of the posters of TA/FB. "if the idea of teaching in an inner city school doesnt suite your fancy, steer clear of here". And thats not to compare the two because nothing really compares to this place but there are some similarities (even if...