Skip to main content

preparation

This could quite possibly be the week.
I am listening to my Arabic on the MP3 player and gathering more language resources. I have found many free printables and am reviewing ESL sites for classroom tips and resources.
I am also thinking about book bags and flannel stories. These are two things that I struggled with previously only because we had SOOOO MANY requirements that these took up a lot of time.

I think these two items are VERY important if the kids dont understand because it brings a different element to the story being told/read. They can see what is happening with real items. They can also retell the story with the items at a later date/time (centers). It can be made interactive using items to review story, to bring out shy children or those who need redirecting.

It IS time consuming initially and possibly difficult if you have zero artistic abilities but there are pictures online to be printed and./or the items can be bought.

Now, I could start this now and not need the items or I could wait and then need them. Id definitely be better off with the latter. I have the index cards to create pieces for either a magnetic board or for flannel pieces.

Maybe Ill put that on my schedule for tomorrow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

juxtaposed

should I? shouldnt I? THAT is the question... horror stories, complaints,regrets in opposition with people who speak as if they have no plans on returning to the previous dwelling place. What to believe? Are the kids hellians or little angels? Is the classroom fully stocked or bare?Will you have admin support, admin indifference,or admin from Hades? Sadly, noone can answer this question and not because of "a lack of freedom of speech". Its because everything-in every country-is subjective. And because if one is going to pack up and live in another country for a couple years, this would be one of the more difficult places to do so as you are used to life thats quite different from being here. I can agree 100% with some of the posters of TA/FB. "if the idea of teaching in an inner city school doesnt suite your fancy, steer clear of here". And thats not to compare the two because nothing really compares to this place but there are some similarities (even if...