Skip to main content

2.5

Thats how many weeks are left in this month.

3-thats how many weeks are left until my bills are due.

Man, today seems like it was too long. Could it be that noone has posted/updated their blogs? Or could it be that the "idiots" are silent,though probably still lurking.

Some times I feel like Im twiddling my thumbs. Most days Im ok.
Not only do I wish to be there for financial reasons, I wish to be there to work, to see,to do. . .

Someone posed the question asking how long we could hold out. I dont have the answer to that. This is my option and I didnt come to this conclusion lightly. Had I not been recovering, I wouldve gotten a summer job no doubt. If we werent sharing a car it may have been feasible to work someplace while I wait but, without knowing when Id be leaving, I wouldnt be comfortable placing myself in children's lives only to be leaving at a moments notice. Ive never been one to just quit or just up and leave.

I do think one thing to be true-If one doesnt have patience here, they will probably not find it once there. Having said that-Im sure I dont have enough but Im hopeful that Im off to a good start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...