Skip to main content

Disclaimer

The following is a "Happy Disclaimer" intended to clarify the mood of previous posts and (possibly) put things into perspective although "perspective" is not a word  concept often used in the conversations of many expats in conversations you hear/read. Be careful as to the company you keep. Often times you walk away after having lost your perspective and no matter where you live in this world,its something you shouldnt live without.

Its actually quite simple.

I cant think of one negative post Ive created. I have written about some introspection (though not here) and questions about particular things. There was also a time I was on the verge but it was more about expats than the people Ive encountered while here and decided against it as this isnt the most anonymous place.

But there is a reason why that is the case. And its not because of fear of retribution (which is an understandable fear). Its because, while there are inconveniences abound depending on how hard you look and/or how flexible you are,they are not nearly as bad as the inconvenience of being at home with no money.And may I add to that longer hours and more stress.

and thats not to say that I ignore the atrocities all around me.I see them, acknowledge them,think about them.Maybe its the fact that I have been well aware of many atrocities well before coming to this country,before becoming an adult even. So its not "fall back" shocking to me. The way of the world is that someone is always under foot. And this subject can be carried on long enough to write a book.

The point is this: Yes, there are valid complaints, everyone has their own "truths" which are at varying degrees.Not all of the complaints are valid,not everyone is as accepting or forgiving as others, and some people will complain NO MATTER WHAT. Just wanted to make clear that this is my truth and my experiences thus far have been good. It is also my hope that your experiences be the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...