Skip to main content

Food costs

After shopping today I realize that I can shop at the deli of Lulus for 3-4 days worth of food (which is the shelf life of most things gotten from the deli) and pay less for groceries this way. The food is good and already cooked. Not sure what Ill like and not like but Im pretty sure they give samples.

Im not the happiest about paying 1000 dhm for food BEFORE eating out comes into the picture but the man has to eat,lol. Today lunch was good at home:chicken pasta with fresh diced tomatoes. PB&J for "dinner",lol.

NOTICE:
PORTOBELLO at Al Wahda Millenium Hotel has good,italian food, nice ambiance, and great service. Theyre new and waiting on their license for alcohol. IN THE MEANTIME. . . the food is 50% off which is a treat!!! lowest thing on the menu for dinner is 50 dhm and the highest I think is 150 or so. The fresh juice is wonderful and thats 30dhm a glass (no refills). I had the canneloni and he had the chicken parmesan ( i think). Cant wait to go back to taste the pizza. Oh yeah, the bread they give you pre-meal with sundried tomatoes is soooo good! The plate wasnt full of food but it was satisfying and I was full afterward. Definitely try it out while its 50% off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...