Skip to main content

Its almost over?

Im getting ready for a dinner date but wanted to quickly update about my class. Im so pleased with the class and the kids progress. Before one can teach anything,management has to be in order and my kids definitely tested me and were extremely defiant in the beginning. Its gotten so good that when I dont have a coteacher, Im very reluctant to split my class.Im sure others think Im crazy for not doing this but as I skim the room, theres not one who isnt off task and you can tell their little brains are working and they are enjoying the learning experiences and activities in the class.  Of course, they do little things as its kg but now I can give a look or say their name and theyre holding up their hands and saying sorry (asaf) or that they wont do it anymore (khalas).

My most challengint student has become one of the best behaved and Im so proud of him!!! I cant wait to have this translated to his mom at graduation!

Highlights of the week:

  • kids discussing whether it was 8 or 12 oclock while we were in assembly
  • the recent building thats been going on in block center. FINALLY some imagination going on. Looks like saadiyat island sometimes. Future architects maybe?
  • Kids going into their centers and working right after lunch without being overly loud and without being off task. Sometimes they get into working so well I dare not interrupt although I had something else planned. Independent learning at its finest
  • kids following directions and a new set of kids who used to do everything but what I asked are now doing what they should BEFORE I ask or immediately after
Call me crazy but Im going to miss them and I hope that a lot of them continue to come to school after graduation.Now that their behavior is better and I have more of their attention, there are so many other things we can get accomplished!
Theres always next year with kg1...
I love those little boogers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...