Skip to main content

quick update

I got some goggles and it was the best decision ever. Absolutely NO water gets into my eyes and I love it. Nevermind that Im the only adult not swimming laps wearing them but I.DONT.CARE!
They are from Speedos and are at Mushrif Mall for 73 dirham and come clear or tinted.
My lap pool is juuuuuuuust deep enough so that I can practice but can tap the bottom and come back up quickly. I worked hard and diligently today on treading and relaxing in the water. The only thing is that Ill have to do it 2 days back to back so that I can deep condition my hair after and retwist my roots. Husband says I must do that,lol.


Still have some things to put away but we are pretty much comfortable in the place. Cant take pics until all is put away.Checking out BHS this week for home items. I would like a center piece for the DR table and we also need a desk but that will come later.


No salsa tonight. My ankle is hurting and I have quite the limp. I think Im going to go to Central Market Souk and get one of those beautiful canes they have. If I need one, I dont want to be using the old,ugly wooden one I have. Granted it was only 12 dirham but Im young so it should at least be stylish!!!


On a side note, and this will intentionally be brief because I could go on a tangent about this. . .


I am amazed at some of the things I read from some of the teachers here. Everyong is paving the road for someone else. Will the road be smooth or bumpy? That remains to be seen but it can be bumpy enough on its own with the help of tempermental people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

juxtaposed

should I? shouldnt I? THAT is the question... horror stories, complaints,regrets in opposition with people who speak as if they have no plans on returning to the previous dwelling place. What to believe? Are the kids hellians or little angels? Is the classroom fully stocked or bare?Will you have admin support, admin indifference,or admin from Hades? Sadly, noone can answer this question and not because of "a lack of freedom of speech". Its because everything-in every country-is subjective. And because if one is going to pack up and live in another country for a couple years, this would be one of the more difficult places to do so as you are used to life thats quite different from being here. I can agree 100% with some of the posters of TA/FB. "if the idea of teaching in an inner city school doesnt suite your fancy, steer clear of here". And thats not to compare the two because nothing really compares to this place but there are some similarities (even if...