Skip to main content

Pet Peeve

Some things you just have to pay for.

I understand that.

What irritates me is that people who are working in a CUSTOMER SERVICE role often give you misinformation when it comes to money and then you end up paying out of pocket. This often results in you thinking one thing and possibly not preparing to have to pay X amount of money on something that wasnt even on your radar.

Perfect example of why you cant spend your entire check each month.

Case in point. Took my car in for service today. It was for a part that was ordered over a month ago.Supposedly covered under warranty. He calls me today after dropping the car off at 8 that it is ready. Ahead of schedule! unbelievable. But, of course, there was a wrinkly in this seemingly beautiful occurance...The part ISNT under warranty, itll be 300 dh AND the car is ready.

WHAT?

What if I didnt have it? What if the part was 2500 dh and wasnt in my budget and, thus,wouldve had to wait another month to get done? None of this crosses anyone's mind as they procede to complete the job without contacting me. Luckily, its only 300 dh and not a problem.

(take a deep breath. At least you have a car...and it is under warranty for all intensive purposes)


Now the question remains...do they clean the INSIDE as well as the outside upon service??? It sure would be nice because after National Day festivities last night, it looks HORRIBLE!

more on that another day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...