Skip to main content

cartwheels

If I could I would do some.The simpler thing would be just to talk with my coteacher and tell her how I feel. Actually, the cartwheels would be easier because she doesnt speak english.

After teaching 1.5+ years by  myself in kg, I liked it (for the obvious, or not so obvious reasons). My classes were good-even if they didnt start off that way. I loved my classes and the kids as we had bonded and were very close.I was tickled at how we could laugh and joke while neither speaking very much of the other language.The hugs and kisses I got daily, the questions about why I was absent and the statements about them not coming to school if I wasn't all let me know that I was doing what I came here to do.

So finding out I was getting a teacher full time was a little unsettling.Its hard to work with an adult all day. Yes, harder even than working with 20+ four year olds. She came and observed a little before settling in. Shes been at school for awhile now.I havent really counted but I wanted to give this whole thing time before I came to a conclusion about how I felt.

It didnt take long before I realized I was very happy to have her in my room.well, our room,lol.She engages the kids throughout the day.Not just during Arabic times. She reads a book and they discuss it with her. After which, she reads through it again. She redirects behavior by pulling wayward kids to work with her on small group activities or goes to sit in centers and pulls items off the shelf to form impromptu small group activities.

She uses more than words to introduce concepts to them.Which makes sense because they are unable to think abstractly at this point. She doesnt overly translate, she works before school starts and after the kids go for dismissal. She MAKES THINGS! I was floored to find she made an Arabic bingo game like the one I had in English.

I told the principal that she is really good and that we need to keep her. Shes taught before but upper grades-I think 12. Shes a long term sub but I wish they would give her the training so that she could be a legit, permanent teacher.Well, assuming she wants that.

This worked out so well. Better than I could have imagined or hoped for. Im thankful He is watching out for me. 3rd year teaching and counting :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

juxtaposed

should I? shouldnt I? THAT is the question... horror stories, complaints,regrets in opposition with people who speak as if they have no plans on returning to the previous dwelling place. What to believe? Are the kids hellians or little angels? Is the classroom fully stocked or bare?Will you have admin support, admin indifference,or admin from Hades? Sadly, noone can answer this question and not because of "a lack of freedom of speech". Its because everything-in every country-is subjective. And because if one is going to pack up and live in another country for a couple years, this would be one of the more difficult places to do so as you are used to life thats quite different from being here. I can agree 100% with some of the posters of TA/FB. "if the idea of teaching in an inner city school doesnt suite your fancy, steer clear of here". And thats not to compare the two because nothing really compares to this place but there are some similarities (even if

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and later be

This will do

So I just havent made it around to making a video of the place.Part of that is because my phone, which had the great camera on it,is no longer.And leave it to me to buy a cute phone with a horrible camera.yes, I have a camera with video but its just too much hassle.At least I think so. And because Im supposed to be honing my craft, I decided to post my place in pictures. Enjoy. My color palette all these switches for one little bathroom no tv. . .yet just the two of us! I love this contraption,lol and on the off times that this occurs. . . I just use my teacher dry erase marker,lmbo So,so glad to finally be clutter free! cleaning takes one day a week besides the every other day of sweeping bc its super dusty here.I have ONE pile of stuff left and thats only because I need a book shelf.Thats coming soon.