Skip to main content

of groupons, yachts, and things

Here I go again, ranting. I know.I know. This isnt even like me but here I go.


And this is a double rant. A two parter, if you will.


  1. GROUPON: this thing.I just dont know what to say about it. Ive tried it several times. And each one of those times (aside from one) has sucked HORRIBLY. I mean, just terrible. If I must go into detail, one was a hotel in Dubai in which I went off on the people for several things to include holding on to our passports for too long because of "security checks" and trying to charge me for a washcloth that has mascara on it.Nevermind the fact that I couldnt find it and it was raggedy. *sigh*
          Another experience: a massage coupon a friend gave me. IT.WAS.TERRIBLE. I mean, that   
          word doesnt give it justice. The entire time, I contemplated stopping her. It was so obvious she 
          didnt know what she was doing. I was angry for part of it, confused even. And toward the end
          it took everything in me not to just tell her I was done and for her to stop. I couldn't even tip her
          and I even wrestled with that notion for awhile. I just couldn't. I was stupefied,lol.

         And the very latest, and actually last because they wont get me or my money again...was the 
         yacht party. woooosaaaaaahhhh. Where do I begin? I guess I should add something about 
         groupon. Raggedy establishments take advantage of them to make money.Its true. So I wasn't
         holding out a lot of hope about how this boat would look. I shall here on out refer to it as a boat
         because it was most certainly not a yacht. As my husband says, you get what you pay for. And
         that was certainly "balling on a budget",lol. 

    2.  YACHT:My mind is tainted by the first yacht party I went on. For it was truly a yacht. Anyway,       
         aesthetics aside, there was an issue from the start. The people I was in contact with from the start 
         wouldnt answer. I first texted about 11:15 because I wanted to make sure I was in the right 
         place.No response. Called several times with no answer.
         My friend went to get our things taken to the boat and then the real problem started. We weren't
         registered apparently. And the owner of the boat was called. He had no information about his
         boat being used.Nor did he know what was going on, who Id talked to or what boat it was.Add
         to that, it was possible that our money was taken and that it was all a scam. Luckily, R handled
         everything and there was a cancellation and a boat was open for us to use. Had we not gotten 
         there early, this wouldve taken up about 30 mins of our trip time, which was 3 hours. Out of that
         3 hours, I was sick for almost half of it because the BOAT was so small, it bobbed and bounced 
         at each and every wave. It wasnt until much later did we discover there was motion sickness meds
         available. OH, we also prepared food to be cook on the BOAT as we were informed there would
         be a grill. um...DOES A GEORGE FORMAN EQUIVALENT COUNT AS A GRILL???
         we were too outdone.



But we were with friends, and things turned out well. The group of people we were with managed to have a good time and in the end thats all that matters.The next time we go on the water,it WILL be on a yacht though. I wont have it any other way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

juxtaposed

should I? shouldnt I? THAT is the question... horror stories, complaints,regrets in opposition with people who speak as if they have no plans on returning to the previous dwelling place. What to believe? Are the kids hellians or little angels? Is the classroom fully stocked or bare?Will you have admin support, admin indifference,or admin from Hades? Sadly, noone can answer this question and not because of "a lack of freedom of speech". Its because everything-in every country-is subjective. And because if one is going to pack up and live in another country for a couple years, this would be one of the more difficult places to do so as you are used to life thats quite different from being here. I can agree 100% with some of the posters of TA/FB. "if the idea of teaching in an inner city school doesnt suite your fancy, steer clear of here". And thats not to compare the two because nothing really compares to this place but there are some similarities (even if

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and later be

This will do

So I just havent made it around to making a video of the place.Part of that is because my phone, which had the great camera on it,is no longer.And leave it to me to buy a cute phone with a horrible camera.yes, I have a camera with video but its just too much hassle.At least I think so. And because Im supposed to be honing my craft, I decided to post my place in pictures. Enjoy. My color palette all these switches for one little bathroom no tv. . .yet just the two of us! I love this contraption,lol and on the off times that this occurs. . . I just use my teacher dry erase marker,lmbo So,so glad to finally be clutter free! cleaning takes one day a week besides the every other day of sweeping bc its super dusty here.I have ONE pile of stuff left and thats only because I need a book shelf.Thats coming soon.