Skip to main content

all that from a piece of art?

I finally got my art up. There were some pieces that I got from Thailand back in April. I couldnt go into the new year with them continuing to collect dust. There was beautiful art everywhere. If I had more room, I wouldve brought more.I was like a kid in a candy store and he had to drag me away with firm instructions to not buy anymore,lol. When they quoted the prices, I couldn't believe it. I almost felt guilty paying what I did for them. Ive always been a lover of art but said that I would only buy originals. Im amazed at the art you can get while traveling and the prices are unreal.

In addition to the art that I got from a vendor, he and I went to an art class (pictures here somewhere) and it was absolutely wonderful. If you go to Chiang Mai (which I highly recommend), you HAVE to go to this class.Peruse the blog for the info. So yeah, I learned that he is somewhat of an artist, though he doesnt really think so. Me, not so much. I did an abstract painting and one that looks very juvenile but thats beside the point,lol. I thought about where to put it. Initially I was going to put it somewhere were I could see it but maybe not everyone who came into our home. Im no artist so it wont amaze anyone by any means, unless they are a child.

But today as I started to put up our work, I decided that both would be out and in plain sight for any and everyone to see. Especially myself. When I look at them, I am reminded of the peace I felt as I painted with my fingers, and tried not to think too hard and just create. I think about the breeze, the joy I felt at the idea of where I was. They remind me of how far Ive come in life. How dreams come true. About how I used to say that I wanted to travel the world and how I wanted to be a philanthropist because when I found out what the word meant I thought it was the coolest thing in the world to be. I didnt think about how/when/or if these things would happen but they were my dreams and they are coming true.

These pieces of art affirm my belief that all things are possible. And though I am not as far as I thought Id be at this age, Im actually further because a husband, a house, two kids, a dog, and a picket fence dont make you in this life. There is so much more. And I intend to see more, do more, BE more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

juxtaposed

should I? shouldnt I? THAT is the question... horror stories, complaints,regrets in opposition with people who speak as if they have no plans on returning to the previous dwelling place. What to believe? Are the kids hellians or little angels? Is the classroom fully stocked or bare?Will you have admin support, admin indifference,or admin from Hades? Sadly, noone can answer this question and not because of "a lack of freedom of speech". Its because everything-in every country-is subjective. And because if one is going to pack up and live in another country for a couple years, this would be one of the more difficult places to do so as you are used to life thats quite different from being here. I can agree 100% with some of the posters of TA/FB. "if the idea of teaching in an inner city school doesnt suite your fancy, steer clear of here". And thats not to compare the two because nothing really compares to this place but there are some similarities (even if...