Skip to main content

The Khaladiya Day From Hell

Though I have something important to do before bedtime, I cant let this day pass without talking about how horrible it became once I left the house in route to the mall for what I thought would be a pretty good day with the crew.

yeah, I have a crew,lololol. But I digress...

After it was all over C said we should have known when it all started at PJ's when they did not have pepperoni for the pizza. They also didnt have spinach alfredo for the chicken florentine pizza (which I think is their best pizza but dont take my word for it). We then left there to find something to eat before we ventured into the theatre for some laughs (or so we thought).

The other C and I recommended a place for C to eat because they had something good on the menu.What they gave her, though, was not at all what we had gotten when ordering the same thing from another restaurant of the same name. They basically gave her a can of tomatoes and a piece of toast.

yeah.

Next, we go to the movie to see This is 40. Dont judge us. Based on the previews, we honestly thought it was going to be funny. I thought it would give me good laughs about what I have to look forward to when I get to be 40,especially the dynamics of a married couple at that age.

it.was.nothing.like.that.


At least two of us were angry while watching it.I wanted to leave halfway through and probably would have had it not been a triple date. Oh how I wish I could get that time back!


Ok, the movie is over and, against my better judgement, I decide I want two original glazed donuts.When Thomas leaves Im so going to be on the bandwagon of health so why not splurge now right? Not so fast.The woman tells me they dont have them.Asks me if I want bran donuts instead.Um,nooooooo."um,you dont have them at all today?when will you have them again?" She tells me an hour and a half.

*blink,blink*

I look at her speechless for a moment. I then slowly turn and walk away.



I left my house for this?

I love my girls but I would have had a better time on Macintosh (that is his official name). Here is where I raise my cocktail in a one woman toast. "Here is to the next time.May it be a much better time.One in which I may even find a onesie!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

juxtaposed

should I? shouldnt I? THAT is the question... horror stories, complaints,regrets in opposition with people who speak as if they have no plans on returning to the previous dwelling place. What to believe? Are the kids hellians or little angels? Is the classroom fully stocked or bare?Will you have admin support, admin indifference,or admin from Hades? Sadly, noone can answer this question and not because of "a lack of freedom of speech". Its because everything-in every country-is subjective. And because if one is going to pack up and live in another country for a couple years, this would be one of the more difficult places to do so as you are used to life thats quite different from being here. I can agree 100% with some of the posters of TA/FB. "if the idea of teaching in an inner city school doesnt suite your fancy, steer clear of here". And thats not to compare the two because nothing really compares to this place but there are some similarities (even if...