Skip to main content

My Weekend in Review

First, I am ashamed to admit that this weekend was my first time at Rooftop Rhythms. I think its wonderful that there is a spoken word venue here for us to enjoy.It felt like home.Its been so long since Ive gone to an event like that. It used to be a regular occurrence for me.When we reconvene next school year, I plan on being a regular. I ended up being a judge for the slam competition. It was good and there were some really good artists. The MC, Dorian,had a wonderful piece that made my eyes water.It was magnificent.

sn:whenever I see,hear, or think about something that I reeeaaaally like, my eyes water.go figure

I had to turn around and wake up way too early, but for a good reason, I went to Dubai for-well two good reasons. First, I took (engagement) photos for two of my friends here.They were so cute together and it was something different from the beach or dessert, which was my aim. Had it not been for the nap I so desperately needed, I would have come home and poured over them. Tomorrow.
portfolio should be coming soon!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeek

I also had to go to the dentist. I was hoping for good news. My bite is coming together but have one last stubborn space. I figured that once it closed I was done and was hoping to go to China sans brace face. Not that I dont like being a brace face.For what it means, I love it! No such luck  though. Even if the space is closed next month, they want me to continue with the bands so that my jaw doesnt revert back.Id love to see the side view of before and after because it never looked off to me.I was probably chubby when I got them so idk how that will look,lol. I wont even think about the fact that I could have booked my ticket a few days earlier since I wont have to wait around for a retainer.Wasnt I presumptuous???


All in all, a good weekend! Oh, and it started off with a new slow cooker that produced wonderful results with lemon pepper chicken. Its too big for one person but Im sure Ill have no problem filling it for functions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...