Skip to main content

What to Do?

Its that time of year where you think about your goals.Where it (usually) goes from there is anyone's guess. Except we make goals regularly and work to see them through. And that got me to thinking about something that I keep touching on in my posts about changing jobs. Its such a catch 22 because the two major things I want don't really support each other.
(1) I want to go home in a timely manner AND I want to meet more of our financial goals before leaving. (2) I want to be in an environment more conducive to using the skills I learned and was able to use at home. Initially, I was sure I should just make the move, take the pay cut and just deal with whatever comes. But...isn't there always a 'but'? I got to thinking (think long think wrong) that this is but a blip in time and the things I can accomplish financially I can't accomplish in even half the time at home and there is no guarantee I will be in a better situation if I move.
Having looked at school around the world-literally-it has come to my attention that they have the same gripes that we do. Granted, I understand that most people who rate their schools are extremely happy or dissatisfied with their school situations. Even so, I realize that having an International school doesn't solve all ones problems. And in keeping my eyes on the prize I have to remember that the end goal is home. Whats the fastest route to getting there?
Before today, I thought about the fact that I do like my school, for the most part, and I am a part of something...we are making a difference. But...there it is again...I messaged my teacher today to see if she was coming back-I have a feeling she isn't-and she is undecided. I filled her in on what's happening without her and she does miss us but her baby comes first and that is understandable. But whyyyyyyyyy? It will be a long here dealing with a stand in who isn't an educator or young children.It has already been a long couple of weeks.
Five years strong and I've not had to deal with the craziness that can come with all this but I fear that may come to an end if she doesn't return.Funny because I'm now thinking of how I thought this would be a long year starting out because it was the first year I had to share a class full time with another teacher. It's only the second term, though, and I refuse to drive myself crazy with what might be. I've learned enough about life that I know better.

Whatever happens today is preparing my for my tomorrow. Im sticking to that mantra and will see what lies ahead.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...