Skip to main content

The 36ers

Well, there are enough of us to make a football team. . .I think.?
I dont know anything about the sport. Nor do I want to,lol.

Regardless, for the most part I think we are patiently waiting. At least it would seem that way. Either that or they grow weary of someone telling them to be patient. Funny, we tell children that all the time.

I get my cast off Thursday and I am ever so ready to embark upon the journey. While I wait, I peruse dubizzle for cars, apartments, and sometimes household items. I imagine, plan, calculate, leave it in God's hands. . .There's really no need to plan too far ahead because there are too many unknowns to do so.

There IS one thing I know-38 people die monthly from car accidents (two vehicles, one vehicle and a person). Thats a lot AND the country is but so big. I passed a Yaris today on the road and Im in an Aura but that car is LITTLE.

I read about a man who caused an accident. Speeding, he ran up on cars waiting at a red light. Car pile up ensued, fire rang out, most people were extricated by bystanders. One woman lost her life. Yes, the Yaris is inexpensive but not looking so good otherwise.

We are astonished at the price to rent cars, talk about how we could lease luxury here in the states BUT we also have to take into account those prices include maintanence and full (no deductible) collision, which probably will happen at LEAST once while you are there.

I went back and forth in my mind on what I would look for. The wise part of my brain says that my life is worth more than the difference I would pay on a much better car. That all of this would be for naught should I end up dead or paralyzed or burnt beyound recognition to which point I would just stay there and don a burka and abaya for the rest of my days.

From that standpoint, I have decided that I will rent for about 6 months and then look to buy when it becomes a buyers market again. In the meantime, I will be watching for a deal from someone who just HAS to leave the country. So when people think that Im living richly because Im in a BMW or a mercedes that will hardly be the case because (1) It will be for MUCH less than it would have been in the states and (2) Ive seen many different cars post accident and I feel much better in something with a hard body-something that is known to protect and not crumble like paper upon impact.

And I can live with this because I will have what I need to do what I am setting out to do and I will be ever vigilant to not allow that little monster named greed to rear his ugly head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

juxtaposed

should I? shouldnt I? THAT is the question... horror stories, complaints,regrets in opposition with people who speak as if they have no plans on returning to the previous dwelling place. What to believe? Are the kids hellians or little angels? Is the classroom fully stocked or bare?Will you have admin support, admin indifference,or admin from Hades? Sadly, noone can answer this question and not because of "a lack of freedom of speech". Its because everything-in every country-is subjective. And because if one is going to pack up and live in another country for a couple years, this would be one of the more difficult places to do so as you are used to life thats quite different from being here. I can agree 100% with some of the posters of TA/FB. "if the idea of teaching in an inner city school doesnt suite your fancy, steer clear of here". And thats not to compare the two because nothing really compares to this place but there are some similarities (even if...