Skip to main content

Disasppointments

We got word this week that we are in the works and that they were told we would be in the country by the end of this week.
Today, I find out that that PROOOOBABLY wont happen. I took it in stride.

I remember what I was told: EXPECT NOTHING

and I realize people cant live like this. Let me take that back. . .People in OUR culture cant live like this. And Im actually surprised at myself with how easily I have been going along with things. Im a little proud of myself and I definintely recognize personal growth.

Talked in some length to others waiting just as I am. Some of them are feeling LOW and I definitely relate. The only difference is my change in attitude recently and how I now view things. Worry and faith cannot occupy the same space so I choose to go with the latter.

In regards to actually being there, I know the grass is always greener but those people also have higher water bills. I heard that on the radio the other day and I said I was going to use it,lol.

In the meantime, Im trying to enjoy my time with my hubby and other family members. Fortunately, for me, I havent been waiting for too long because of my healing process. That makes me more ok with the waiting because I havent been per se. I may have been the only person hoping I didnt have a ticket,lol.

With that said, Im not too disappointed even though I was hoping for pay this month and thats not going to happen. Now if I dont get an October paycheck there will definitely be a problemo!!!

Of course, all this could change and we COULD get a ticket anywhere from wed-fri.

EXPECT NOTHING

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

juxtaposed

should I? shouldnt I? THAT is the question... horror stories, complaints,regrets in opposition with people who speak as if they have no plans on returning to the previous dwelling place. What to believe? Are the kids hellians or little angels? Is the classroom fully stocked or bare?Will you have admin support, admin indifference,or admin from Hades? Sadly, noone can answer this question and not because of "a lack of freedom of speech". Its because everything-in every country-is subjective. And because if one is going to pack up and live in another country for a couple years, this would be one of the more difficult places to do so as you are used to life thats quite different from being here. I can agree 100% with some of the posters of TA/FB. "if the idea of teaching in an inner city school doesnt suite your fancy, steer clear of here". And thats not to compare the two because nothing really compares to this place but there are some similarities (even if...