Skip to main content

+1/-1

In the entire school we had 20 something kids-if that. I was ready for work/kids but it was nice to be able to actually get things done in the room. We need teacher work days for everything we need to get done. My arabic teacher said that she went home and thought about what i said last week regarding the overload of stuff on the walls and how it was overstimulating. I was very pleased about that. More work to do tomorrow and I wonder how much of it I will accomplish.


(-)

I dont understand. None of us do.We are on the same team. The simplest things that should make sense dont seem to. We arent trying to be difficult. We arent listened to. Our knowledge isnt being respected. Talking to other teachers, its not unusual for them to interchange terms that shouldnt be like centers and small group activities. People wanting LTs to teach a letter a week or day or even a number a week. I wonder how many kgs are ACTUALLY doing things correctly-not overdoing it, not shortchanging,not ignoring research based practices,not giving little but expecting everything.

I go back and forth with this. I give a lot and am able to differentiate between what SHOULD be taking place at this point and whats still to come based on the learning process of the schools. Im just sad about what should be taking place but isnt.Those things that arent understood by the people who came to be the change agents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

juxtaposed

should I? shouldnt I? THAT is the question... horror stories, complaints,regrets in opposition with people who speak as if they have no plans on returning to the previous dwelling place. What to believe? Are the kids hellians or little angels? Is the classroom fully stocked or bare?Will you have admin support, admin indifference,or admin from Hades? Sadly, noone can answer this question and not because of "a lack of freedom of speech". Its because everything-in every country-is subjective. And because if one is going to pack up and live in another country for a couple years, this would be one of the more difficult places to do so as you are used to life thats quite different from being here. I can agree 100% with some of the posters of TA/FB. "if the idea of teaching in an inner city school doesnt suite your fancy, steer clear of here". And thats not to compare the two because nothing really compares to this place but there are some similarities (even if...