Skip to main content

Vaca:Entertainment

long overdue, I know


I give entertainment an A+




Theres lots to do and see in Thailand. You can choose to do the touristy stuff or find out what else they have available. I thought about taking a photog class that takes you around to sight see and learn how to photograph at the same time. Seemed like a wonderful idea but I found some other things I wanted to do instead.


In Chiang Mai we took an art class at a wonderful shop by the name of Noina's Art Studio. It was a peaceful and open establishment where you choose your medium and the amount of time you want to work. The cost is wonderful and it was one of the best things we did there.


We also took a cooking class at Siam Rice Thai Cookery School. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. When you go, take the entire day class as you get to cook and taste more things. You leave with a cook book of every available recipe. I would definitely do it again...and what they say is true-dont eat before you go. No matter how hungry you think you may be.


We also did some off roading in dune buggies which was fun. The place also has some other fun things you can do if interested. That was my first time doing something like that and I enjoyed it.


We also watched a muay thai boxing match which was SOOOO MUCH FUUUUUN. It was a little strange because they began with little kids so you dont know whether to root for them or be enraged,lol. The girls fight was the best. (link not of the actual fight we saw)

We didnt do anything with elephants or monkeys-didnt want to get dirty. But we did go to Tiger Kingdom and went in with the second to smallest tigers (not the bottle feeding babies but next up in size). Based on how it looks in Bangkok, Im glad we went in Chiang Mai.


hmmmm. what else?


Id call shopping entertainment and we did lots of it. Ill have to post pics of what we got. Most of it was a steal. I felt guilty for how much I paid for some artwork that I loved because it was so cheap. Handling the market was fun and good for a night out because you dont know what you will find.


We did most of our activities in Chiang Mai. In Bangkok our only entertainment was the malls, which was great. Of course, there is a lot of available adult entertainment that you cant help but see because theyre shoving pamplets in your face as they describe the types of shows they want you to see. You will say no 50 times walking down a street...unless of course you decide to say yes.


And with that said, when you take a cab, they will take you to places where they get a kickback for bringing tourists. We asked for a restaurant and he took us to the "gay district" and told us we could have entertainment after we ate. I was so confused as Im pretty sure we look like a regular heterosexual couple and all we wanted was some food!
If you want to have a massage or to do something recreational, ask someone who wont be transporting you (ie hotel concierge) as you will get less costly options. . .and if you are staying in multiple cities and are counting your baht, do your activities in the cheaper city.Im so glad we did.

Comments

  1. You video's are awesome. I enjoyed just hearing all voices:) lol. So proud of you. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

gulu habibti

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...