Skip to main content

Perspective



Ive been spending some time in this building lately and yesterday I began to think about the life that was going on beneath me. At the time, I found it interesting. Just thinking about the fact that I live in another country and I honestly don't know when I will cease to be an expatriate. Fast forward to today, Ive been busy finding anniversary gifts for my husband and I just finished enjoying a new recipe of couscous, curry paste, and chicken mixed together for a delectable,spicy dinner accompanied by a glass of South African medium sweet. Life is just so comfortable right now and I appreciate that. There definitely was not the ease of life at home that I enjoy now.

I took the above picture not really knowing what Id do with it but  as I began typing I realized that its all about perspective. Well,not all, because your placement has a LOT to do with  how well you enjoy this experience BUT you CANNOT discount what you bring to the picture. If you have inner peace, the small (big) things won't take you on roller coaster rides as often.There is ALWAYS a roller coaster to get on here. I decline and let others go along for the ride.

Basically, there is dirt there and if you can't, or refuse to, see through it, maybe living abroad isn't the place for you. Some say that every place has its issues and I think thats true and some places are better suited for you based on your personality.theres also the idea of wishful thinking and visiting a place is NOTHING like living there for an extended period of time. thats how China almost go me,lol.

Anyway, i feel like I'm rambling.

Just know that beyond that dirt, there are interesting lives going on below (I was on the 18th floor). there is beautiful blue water that is about 10 mins away from this location, and there are goals that I once thought were unattainable right at my fingertips just because I'm on the other side of this dirty glass window.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...