Skip to main content

ugh,what time is it?

Pretty much the first thought I had today before opening my eyes. I tried to stay awake to talk to my friend who got stuck in Dubai because of airport closures, then  boarded her plane to London for a connection only to turn around mid flight to return bc the airport closed. I secretly wanted her to stay but glad that she finally got a flight to Texas and then home, to Canada.

My other friend is stuck in London til Wednesday and longing for the Bahamas. I SO hope she makes it. One of our friends here is going to try his HARDEST to make it to her-even if he has to fly to France and take the train-which is what they told him he may be able to do when he called. Those are some of the people you meet here. And weve only been here for two months!

Guys, if you are reading this-Im very happy to have met each and every one of you ;P.

So this morning my phone goes off and I know its early. So early that I was still in a very good sleep. Upon checking my phone I see that its a message from enjazat. . .

My husbands visa is DONE! So now I contact the travel agency and work to get his ticket here. I actually prayed that he be my Christmas gift and if Ive been a good girl, just maybe that will come to fruition,lol.

Usually, you get the text and then go there between 3 and 5. After getting the text I responded 'shukran' only to get a call about 10 mins later and he told me I could come to his office to pick it up this morning if I like. A little sometimes goes a long way :-).

So for today-Im going early so that I may go  to IKEA (aaaaagaaaaaiiiiiiin) to return these rods and hope to get more AND my curtains put up.I hope to return with answers and a better idea of what to expect in the coming week. If he is not here, I have been invited to go out for Christmas with the guys from last night since I told them I had no plans for the holiday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...