Skip to main content

busy,busy,busy

It seems Im doing a lot lately. Lots of research really. Searching for ready made pictures,labels,mats,activities,etc. Its crazy how you log on and time goes by so fast. Before you know it, its past your bedtime and youre hurring to print something out so you arent tired the next day.

The shelves are coming together though and Im happy about that.A few more things to print and Ill be good.WE'LL be good. The kids are responding more and more positively the more they are introduced to.

Soon I will have a substitute as my teacher is pregnant. Im guessing I have another month or so before that happens. Dont know what that will mean for my class but when Im alone I can hold my own well. Its just that aside from whole group activities, I cant do direct instruction with as many kids to myself.

Im compiling lists of ideas and materials because as they tire of 1 thing I need to add another. They are loving the store I created in dramatic play. I should post pictures of it. They buy fruits and vegetables. the cashier gives out the money and collects it as they buy. Some of them are so serious about it, its hilarious. They are really starting to count the money also and know when someone paid too much. Not in the actual denominations but using 1 to 1 correspondence. Great start.

Just when we have found our niche Im sure the year will be almost over but I dont think we are far off. I appreciate those who were there before me. Establishing routines was killer Im sure.It always is.

I also appreciate my coteacher who tells me I dont have to ask to make changes in the room,that its ours. I still ask (for most things,lol).Some say that just to be nice-I know she really means it.

.
.
.
The weather is getting hot. As a carpooler in the morning and bus rider in the afternoon, i think Ill soon be switching that so that I wont be in the sun for the hottest part of the day.I see why they have lightening/whitening components in many ingredients...Im afraid of what the coming months will bring in terms of heat. Ill be prepared with a pack at school.

AND I STILL DONT HAVE CURTAINS UP!!!

Its been four months now and I knew I had time so I was in no rush after several attempts to get it done. The AC people came AGAIN today and say this time its actually fixed. We will see about that.

Next week is the letter L
I think we will make Lemonade and use (mint) Leaves for added kick. Gotta work on our science activities!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...