Skip to main content

Practice makes perfect



For about 15 minutes we practiced our steps today after I got home for work. Sometimes Im confused. At other times its his fault. I also have to learn to actually follow without talking too much. Ive always wanted to do this but was either lacking the time or the money. Well, actually both. Now that I have both (although not in abundance), I can actually enjoy myself and feel like an ADULT!

A little late but better late than never!

In case youre wondering, there are many reasons to participate in a class such as this:

  • its FUN
  • it gives you a workout...my thighs were definitely feeling it and this is the beginner class
  • you can go to Latin night and not watch everyone else all night
  • you arent sitting on the couch or complaining that there is nothing to do in Abu Dhabi
  • Its inexpensive...100dhm per month for single and 180 for couple. Each set of classes lasts for a month and increases in difficulty as you progress (with free review classes if you drop in on a lower level class for a refresher)
Its ok if you have two left feet, the teacher is just that-a teacher. She makes the class light hearted and works with us individually during the hour as well as shows us what to do and what not to do (very important) and then we get to practice.

Dont have a partner? Thats fine as well. We practice alone and then with everyone else. Even if you come with someone youll dance with others as people dance differently and one will need to know how to respond to the leader (the male), whoever he is at the time. Having said that, on a good Latin night (at a club) , you may dance with 8 different people, none of who dance the same.

I LOVE Latin dancing



Merengue








Bachata
(kids dont try this at home!)


Inquiries?

http://www.salsaqueenproductions.com/
email: queen@salsaqueenproductions.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...