Skip to main content

spoke too soon

because today I got a call asking if I wanted Etisalat to come today.
ummm. OF COURSE!!!
I figured it would be at least a week before hearing anything. She said the computers were down. I noticed a distinct difference in her demeanor after she read my visa before copying it. When she turned around she gave me a smile and asked what I taught. I kindly thanked her at the end and left.

FYI. . .I no longer look like the Michelin man!!! I am happy about that. Now that I am back to my "regular" self, its time to move in the opposite direction and shed a few lbs. not only are the clothes here cute and smaller, but I need to make sure things stay in place ;P.

Walking to the cab drop daily helps. So does walking through the malls, to the malls, through back roads, to the bank, to eat, to get X,Y,Z done. . .you get it.
I made bread pudding today. IT TURNED OUT WELL GRANNY!
I gave some to the owners at YAFOOLIs. Please forgive typo in last entry. I hope they like it. My friend, the old man was there and (of course) wanted me to sit and talk to him. I told him Id see him in two days. Ill keep my word,lol.
A salon is opening above me and we get 50% off as residents of the building. My friends will as well. *dont try to be my friend now* lol. J/K

I should so be asleep right now. The internet surely is the devil! Im going to wash my face and head to bed. I took a nap today and it was oh so good!
Today was great, yummy leftovers,washer delivered, internet set up,clean clothes, and a good nights rest right after this punctuation mark.

MA SALAMA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...