Skip to main content

tiptoe

My grandfather says I have heavy feet. So much so that it was extremely difficult for me to walk around the house quietly. My sister, on the other hand,seemed to float around as if she were on a cloud. I wont even repeat the nickname he gave me for having heavy feet (and you better not either SHEENA) because its not becoming to me at all,lol.

The point is that Im here and as a resident, I have no plans to tiptoe around anyone. Its sort of mind boggling to think about how much they have and how above you they may be on the totem pole of this thing we call life. But, if you think about it, at the end of the day they are human just like we are and thats that.

I walked around the corniche today and was a bit disappointed in the lack of local music. I saw kandooras of different colors and one guys was silver and he had a hat that sort of matched. He was in a group and I took their picture. I like the way it looks when they wrap the head scarf around their face. I walked back and forth past one group of guys and wanted a close up pic but, since my lens can only go so far,there was only one way to get it. I initially thought, "oh well" and proceeded to walk away but quickly changed my mind and went back and looked at them for a few seconds before asking.They said yes and it took me a couple times of asking about the head wrap before they told me it was because they were cold.

"COLD?! like, coooold? NOW?"

I couldnt believe it,lol. As I type this, it is 79 degree F

Far cry from 110 I suppose but still.

Anyway, its late and Im actually about to wash the dishes (I think) before going to slumber. I have to wake early to depart to my new place-INSERT SMILEY FACE. When that couch comes Im going to lay on it and just chill out listening to music!!!

Ill walk around trying to figure out what is going where and also wondering what size wardrobe to get. Ive got to go.

Things to do. . .
THINGS TO DO!

Comments

  1. Again you remind me of Thailand! When I was there, the street people had gone to the government to "demand" blankets because they were freezing to death in the "cold". It was a frosty 69-72F.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

gulu habibti

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tides

6 months ago I wasn't to happy with my situation. I was feeling stifled in terms of teaching time and a  host of other things and my main focus in life was to get OUT.  I must say that the year has progressed rather nicely and Im not feeling the same way about the year. Thanks to my coteacher, who understands what the kids need and provides those things even when someone says otherwise,we  are having a great year! I can't say that I would feel this way with another teacher. Our classroom runs smoothly and the kids are self sufficient. Today, two kids decided to make a book in the science center. The books were pre made with the title and had two pages for them to draw animals or write. They were provided with real pictures of animals to choose from and had been given instructions previously about their options (to draw animals they saw at the zoo, animals from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or to use the pictures if necessary). We also started this week putting ...

Testyyyyyy

I sit here watching HGTV and typing away on my computer. Ive been doing this for days now. Apartment is pretty much empty and the hubby is there getting rid of the last few things before working one last weekend and coming home. People ask if Im excited yet and I dont think that it has hit me quite yet. I mean, I am excited but not like I will be when I get the ticket, or even when I get ready to board the plane, or especially when I finally get on Etihad!!! My legs are propped over my knee roller, which I got (again) today for the last stretch of this whole cast situation. Its cool and Im thankful to be healing properly and relaxing at home not doing too much of anything. I have awhile before I am forced to condence one last time before the final move. I am not looking forward to that task. I write before my departure with the next group in mind. I spent months reading about the experience of others and researching any and everything I could about Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Out of eve...

Moroccanoil Soap

If youve read this blog for any length of time, Im sure youve gotten your laughs off my Moroccan bath experience. As crazy as that was for me, i believe I will be going to get one again, though at a much better establishment! Today, I ran across this product  And while waiting in line for a price, an Arabic lady gave it the once over, looked inside, and nodded her head in approval of what was inside. After seeing it was only 9.50 dhm, I got another. Once I try it, I will certainly give a review! In the meantime, here is information about the product-or products like this: Moroccan Black Soap and How To Use It The black soap is part of the traditional hammam ritual. It is the first treatment in oriental public bath. With a texture of butter, this natural vegetable paste based with black olives is rich in vitamin E. It is obtained from a mixture of oil and crushed olives, soaked in salt and potash. In the nineteenth century it was used as a product of Dermatology and late...